B A N A N A S! Am I the only one who learned how to spell “bananas” by Gwen Stefani??? Haha, too funny! I am actually laughing at my own joke right now! Anyways today I am going to be telling you about all of the health benefits bananas have! They are actually really good for you! My favorite ways to incorporate bananas into my diet is by slicing them into my oats in the morning or plain green yogurt! I also always include them in my post workout smoothies! And when I am craving something sweet, but it isn’t cheat day, I indulge in sliced bananas and peanut butter!
B A N A N A S
– bananas are naturally fat & cholesterol free!
– they are high in potassium! Our bodies need potassium in order to have good nerve and muscle function!
– they can help prevent muscle cramps after exercise!
– they have a good amount of vitamin C! Vitamin C helps boost our immune system & cell health to improve the absorption of other nutrients!
-they have an excellent source of vitamin B-6 (pyridoxine). Our body uses vitamin B-6 to grow new cells!
– they contain Manganese! Manganese is necessary for our bone health and metabolism!
– A medium size banana contains 3g of fiber! Dietary fiber can help us feel fuller longer and also keep our digestive processes running smoothly!
– they provide iron, magnesium, calcium and even phosphorus. They contain vitamins A and E, folate, carotene & choline.
– Our body uses carbohydrates as a primary source of energy! And bananas contain carbs! Eat a banana after a workout to refuel!
– bananas are super easy to digest! When you feel sick to your stomach or have indigestion, bananas can be a yummy way to get some important nutrients into your system without upsetting your stomach!
– & lastly bananas are just tasty!